Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life – so it is only natural that you want it to be flawless from the very moment you wake up to the moment you bid your farewell and take off to your honeymoon.
What are some of the most common wedding mistakes you should avoid? We have gathered some planning tips that will make your Big Day smoother and easier to deal with – so read on to find out more.
- Buying the dress before booking the venue. Your dress and your venue should look fantastic together, so if you want to ease off the wedding dress buying process, make sure you book the venue first. Believe us, it will make everything so much smoother and easier to decide on!
- Putting others before you. Whatever etiquette may dictate, the absolute truth is that this is your wedding day and you are allowed to do whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy. Your mother, your sister, your Maid of Honor – they all want the best for you, but putting their wishes first might make you unhappy, so make sure you prioritize yourself, while considering their ideas too.
- Crash dieting. Yes, you want to look gorgeous on your wedding day. Still, crash dieting will not only be inefficient in helping you drop extra pounds – it will also be downright dangerous. Eat healthy and work out – you will feel amazing for the Big Day!
- Leaving too much room between your ceremony and reception. The cocktail hour is named this way for a reason: there shouldn’t be a gap longer than one hour between the ceremony and reception. That is the perfect amount of time for you to sneak away and shoot some photos, while your guests are getting in the mood for the big party.
- Sending Thank You notes too late. Your guests deserve your gratitude and appreciation – so make sure you plan ahead and send your Thank You notes in due time.
The Ashley Castle is a stunning, elegant and genuinely unforgettable wedding venue you will definitely love if you want a true fairytale-inspired wedding. Come visit us and book us for your Big Day!